Did you know sugar-free chewing gum can benefit your oral health? Yes, it’s true! There are many excellent reasons to choose sugarless gum, and one of them includes improving your oral health. While it is known gum containing sugar is harmful to your teeth, it is lesser known that sugar-free gum can help your oral health.
Our dentist, Dr. Charles Anderson, cares about your smile and oral health. That is why our team at Anderson Dentistry in Mt Pleasant, South Carolina, is excited to share the many benefits chewing gum has to offer.
Here is a list of benefits chewing gum can provide:
– The production of saliva neutralizes acids produced by bacteria and provides disease-fighting substances in your mouth.
– Chewing sugarless gum for at least twenty minutes after a meal can prevent cavities while improving saliva production at the same time.
– Sugarless gum is not ever to be considered a substitute for brushing or flossing your teeth.
– Heartburn can be treated with sugarless gum because it can reduce the acids in your esophagus that can damage your teeth and creates heartburn.
– Gum with sugar can stick to your teeth causing severe damage and tooth decay to your oral health and teeth.
– Sugarless gum is gentle on your teeth and can help clean them without the use of potentially abrasive products that can harm or damage your tooth enamel.
As you can see, there are multiple reasons why chewing gum is healthy for you and a better alternative than gum containing sugars. If you have questions about your oral health or need to see a dental expert, please call us today at 843-884-2021 to make an appointment. Our team is happy to assist you.