Are you aware of the causes of bad breath? Bad breath is a medical condition often arising from poor dental health habits or other health issues. Furthermore, bad breath can be caused by the foods you eat and other unhealthy lifestyle habits. Listed below are a few causes of bad breath:
– Underlying ailments deep within your body, such as liver or kidney problems can contribute to bad breath.
– Medications you’re taking can cause dry mouth as a side effect, which is a known risk factor for bad breath.
– Poor oral hygiene that results in gum disease and plaque buildup can easily contribute to bad breath.
– Toothaches can cause bad breath.
– Unhealthy habits such as smoking and chewing tobacco can cause bad breath.
– If you have dentures, make sure they are cleaned on a nightly basis to ensure bacteria and odors do not arise from them.
Make sure to take diligent care of your oral health, so that your smile can last for ages. For more information about halitosis, or to schedule a comprehensive oral examination with Dr. Charles Anderson and our team at Anderson Dentistry - Mt Pleasant Dentist, give us a call at 843-884-2021. Our dentist office is suitably located in Mt Pleasant, South Carolina. We look forward to enhancing your smile for many years to come!